Tuesday, February 05, 2013

When will I be a soldier again?

Since I left National Service 8yrs ago. I've not been back nor been in touch with what I used to do during my service days. So much so I assume I was forgotten, and I would spend my years without ever being called up for reservist duties.

But I was wrong. I was remembered.

I received a call from the airbase checking if I have completed my studies and whether I'm available for reservist duties.

I'm excited and kinda scared cos its been so long. I need to get new uniforms as my old ones no longer fit. I'm out of shape. And I have no idea how my duties i used to do have evolved over the years.

A long time ago I had made the choice to want to serve the country on a regular basis. Even though that ultimately did not materialise, I'm now still serving the country. Just in another way.

No comments: