Saturday, December 21, 2013

About Time

I have not blogged about a movie for quite some time. Now I'm going to write about one I've just watched recently.

ABOUT TIME

This was supposed to be pretty much a love story which involves a time traveller. I kind of expected the story to be a bit like "The time traveller's wife" an unfortunate but sweet story of a time traveler and his wife. This story is slightly different. But before I start on the movie proper, I think it's an interesting point to note that both these 2 movies had the same lead actress, Rachel McAdams. Coincidental? Or does she have a knack for playing the role of a time traveler's wife?

"About time" begins somewhat like the "40yr old virgin" where the lead guy somehow can't get the girl. So in this comedic romance manner the first half of the movie was all about him coming to terms with his ability which only manifest after coming of age. There several scenes which tugs on my heart strings and really made an impression.

Second part of the movie is about life. I would say the gist of it is "life goes on even for time travellers. So live your life. Appreciate everything as it happens, and living once is enough." 

It's also about relations in a family. Between parents and kids, brother and sister. It's really positive and inspiring.

I also like the fact that the movie made a good attempt to simplify time travel. And does not try to explain too much about all
the space-time-continuum mambo jambo.

My recommendation is this:

Watch the movie and enjoy the urge to want to time travel. At the same time learn to appreciate all the little good things around you. 

No comments: