Saturday, March 08, 2014

Exciting Times

Tonight marks the beginning of 
a few weeks which are going to be really exciting for me. In many ways, every one of these weeks could be potentially game changing for me.

I'm now on the way to Dubai. It's just for transit but this flight has been pretty cool so far. Emirates Airbus A380 is really spacious even for our economy seats. There's wifi onboard as well, not free though.

It's our first time going to London. Although it's just going to be a short stopover, it's going to be quite eventful. Going to meet up with my cousin, some friends. We are also going to catch Chelsea vs Tottenham at Stamford Bridge as well! First time watching a premier league match live.

Next will be about a week in Iceland hunting for the fabled northern lights or the aurora borealis. Would be nice if the weather holds out and the sun also does its part to pump up the light display! Also hope my humble Canon G15 is able to capture the sights in its beauty. 

This is really a much needed break. Especially for my dear wife. She has been working really hard recently as she's heavily involved in a major event in May. She is stressed with her work, but I know she's good at what she does. I hope she'll be able to enjoy herself these few days, relax and recharge.

Returning to Singapore after this trip should be interesting for me as well. We are awaiting the news for changes in our department. There could be good news and perhaps better news. Either way, it should help me make my short term future clearer and allow me to chart my path further down the road. Hopefully things would be good and great.

Shortly after returning home, I'll be serving the nation again. I've been called up once again to serve in my sky blue uniform. However this time it seems that I'll have a job scope for me. Perhaps this time round I would be able to contribute more meaningfully to operations. Hopefully this would kick start my purpose as an NSmen. 

Just as I thought my eventful ride would end there, last week I got the news that I would be able to join a Singapore delegation to Tokyo for an event. That is really an exciting chance for me to expose myself to transportation in Japan. First time trip to Tokyo as well. 

Woohoo!!!

No comments: