Saturday, July 12, 2014

It's back!!

Its been exactly a week since the incident. My car had spent the last week checked into the workshop getting repairs. Because the accident happened on a weekend, the reporting was only done Monday. Repairs started on Tuesday. And now it's back!!!! 
Total work took 3 days. Bumper and bonnet replaced. According to workshop, no damage to the engine! Awesome! Looks good at new!!

Total cost of repairs is not confirmed yet. It's expected to be close to 3k, but pending settlement with the insurance claims side. For me, the current damage will just be $600 in excess payment, until a time my insurance premiums get adjusted due to this. Fingers crossed for no change in premiums.

Thanks to insurance, I got a replacement car for 10days. It's actually quite a huge car.
In a way, it's a blessing in disguise. Monday evening we had to go to the airport to pick up our nieces returning from West Papua. They had tons of luggage. Thankfully, this car had enormous boot space. We managed to cater for most of their stuff in this one car.  This won't be something I could achieve with my picanto. 

The only thing left for me to do now is to expend the petrol in the replacement car before returning it. lol

No comments: