Tuesday, April 07, 2009

The Gran Torino

I have not been a fan of clint eastwood, none of his previous shows did anything to attract me to the theatre. even this time when i watched it, it was totally cos i already watched everything else I wanna watch.

But I was glad I did, this was a good show. the acting was great. I just realised the asian actors in the show are 1st timers. kudos to them. The simplest way to tell I enjoyed the show is to actually feel affected by it. You would feel for the plight of the asians, the anger felt by the characters, the sadness.. it take alot to bring those connections thru.

The story revolves around a retired korean war veteran who worked in aford factory until retirement. He is a troubled man, troubled not only abt himself but almost everything around him. and yet somehow his neighbours who are the most unlikely candidates starts to change the remainder of his life.

8/10



Pictures






Official Website
The Gran Torino

No comments: