Saturday, November 19, 2011

Win-Win Situation

I was at the mixed vegetable rice stall yesterday during lunch. There's this guy ahead of me ordering. At first I felt he was quite rude rude and impatient to the auntie serving us.

But when paying for the food, the guy gave the auntie a $10 bill and asked her to keep the $1 change. It's quite surprising to see a Chinese person with that gesture. Anyway, the auntie immediately had a wide smile on her face.

At the same time the guy asked for chopsticks and since the cutlery were closer to me than any of them, I instinctively grabbed two pairs and passed it to the guy. Smiles and "thank you"s went around.

Auntie acknowledged my assistance and started talking to me. She said it had been some time since I visited her stall. I'll be super surprised if she really recognises me. I just nodded anyway.

In the end my food servings for that meal was slightly more generous than usual.

A true Win-Win for all. Heh

No comments: