Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince

Watched on 18 Jul 2009 @ GvMax

The 6th year of Harry Potter in Hogwarts, it's really amazing how this book still remains in the kids section in the national library! I think it's a much more mature book now than it start off to be, likewise for the movie. Although they are technically underage wizards and witches in the show, the things they handle and deal with are way beyond their age group!!

I find myself in the biggest screen in Singapore watching this installment. I thought it would be a good choice, unfortunately, having a big screen doesnt mean having good quality. I think the visual effects are quite blurry, damn disappointed abt that.

Story and plot wise, cos i did not read the book, I rely on the movie for the flow and content. I think the flow was kindda slow in the second half of the movie. It took pretty long for Dumbledore to die, and the movie doesnt really show much of the impact that the half-blood prince has on Harry Potter, perhaps the book doesnt either.

Ron is still the joke of the series, if you ask me. That's his main purpose in this movie, while Hermione & Ron are having their own relationship side story. Funny and infuriating sometimes.

Overall, the movie only serves as a prelude to the final chapter, watching it only makes me wanna watch the finale 2 installments even more. YES, they are splitting the finale into 2 movies!! :P MONEY GRUBBERS!!

Spikefire ratings:
Story & Plot: 7 out of 10
Audio & Visual: 7 out of 10
Overall: 7 out of 10

Favourite Lines:

(Ron being Love Potion'd)
Ron Weasley: It's beautiful, isn't it? The moon.
Harry Potter: Divine. Had ourselves a little late night snack, did we?
Ron Weasley: It was on your bed, the box, I just thought I'd try one.
Harry Potter: Or twenty.
Ron Weasley: I can't stop thinking about her, Harry.
Ron Weasley: Honestly, you know, I reckon she was starting to annoy you.
Ron Weasley: She could never annoy me. I think I love her.
Harry Potter: Oh... brilliant.
Ron Weasley: Do you think she knows I exist?
Harry Potter: Well, I'd bloody well hope so, she's been snogging you for three months.
Ron Weasley: Snogging? Who are you talking about?
Harry Potter: Who are you talking about?
Ron Weasley: Romilda, of course. Romilda Vane.
Harry Potter: Okay, very funny.
Ron Weasley: [throws the chocolates box at Harry]
Harry Potter: What was that for?
Ron Weasley: It's no joke! I'm in love with her!
Harry Potter: Alright, fine, you're in love with her! Have you ever actually met her?
Ron Weasley: No... Can you introduce me?

Official Website

Youtube Trailer

*no pictures this time cos somehow my blogger page is not loading properly, cant see the pic upload icon at all!!

No comments: