Saturday, September 26, 2015

Goodbye Uncle Soon Wah




It was Amber's first month, he came to visit and he was truly happy to see her. He had been in and out of hospital for some time since his relapse. He said that someone above knew that he wanted to visit Amber, hence made him better to allow him to see her. He was all smiles when he saw her.

I visited him some time back and knew that he was deteriorating but I did not expect that would be last time I'd see him. I was still expecting to see him still alive today. Even though I knew he did not have much time left, I thought I'd still have the chance to tell him again that in doing fine. I wanted to show him more photos and videos of Amber to cheer him up in his last moments. But I was too late. His mouth was ajar and his eyes had turned pale when I'd arrive. 

My mind just turned blanked. This is the frailty of life. Just gone like that. I feel very sad that he's gone. I feel sad also for Amber, as she would not be able see more of this grand uncle. He is a kind soul who would have undoubtedly made her life better. 

He had always been a kind person and definitely the most responsible one of his siblings. I don't have much memories of us spending time together when I was a toddler. But I believe I won't be wrong to say he had loved us as much as he could. I remember the early days when I was still living in queenstown, he still lived there. He would be working night shifts. Sometimes I get ice-cream.

Since my grandma passed on, he had been trying very hard to keep the family together. I know how hard he tries because every year he would contact me to arrange for a gathering. 

Aside from my mum, he is another glimmering example I have in my life, showing me that we have to work hard. Not just for us, but also the people around us.

It's the common character trait of the people in our family to not show the worries we have on our faces. It's doesn't mean we don't care, we just don't show it. 

Thank you for showing me that u cared. 
Thank you for your efforts for the family. 
Thank you showing me responsibility .
Thank you for working hard your whole life.

Now it's time for you to rest and worry no more.  Goodbye Uncle Soon Wah.

No comments: