Monday, August 17, 2009

District 9

Watched on 16th Aug 2009 @ The Cathay

I watched this film without much knowledge abt it except for the fact that it should involve aliens. This film managed to leave me kindda lost at the end of the movie. Quite a lot of ???s left the cinema with me. Why did the aliens come? Why are these aliens so uncivilised?

I sensed that the producers are using aliens to mimic the actions of whites in south africa,during the apartheid, hence the location in Johanesburg and the military encampments.

For most of the show it's actually quite grossed, the way people and aliens were injured and killed, DISINTEGRATED!! In the end, it's a simple plot of a bunch of aliens trying to go home.

Kindda let down by the ending actually, I was hoping more was explained clearly.

It's not a bad movie, but not fantastic either.

Spikefire ratings:
Story & Plot: 6 out of 10
Audio & Visual: 8 out of 10
Overall: 7 out of 10

Official Website

No comments: