Saturday, August 01, 2009

Murderer

Watched on 27 Jul 2009 @ Cineleisure Lvl 9

I dun usually watch chinese movies in the cinemas anymore, simply cos they churn out in DVDs too fast. And there is seldom any need to watch it for any visual effects. But this time, I'm watching it at the cinema cos I wanna see Aaron Kwok in action. And the results... well, let's put in it in 2 ways..

Acting wise it's really superb, regardless of the lead, Aaron Kwok or the rest of the supporting crew. I think they did a fantastic job. They are really really into the character, even though the version I watch is in mandarin whereas the original shld be in cantonese. If you look beyond the weird lip-synching cos of language. It's a fantastic job, he might be up for best actor once again. And the actor who played his son in the movie, great acting, cause even I wanted to kill him!!

Next when we look at the script, the flow, the story, the plot... It has a pretty good 100mins before turning ridiculous in the last 20mins... Sometimes I think they think too hard to provide twists that people would not expect. They went totally out of this world this time!! crazy I tell you!!

My advice, wait for the dvd, and you will not get as fed up as I did...
Spikefire ratings:
Story & Plot: 5 out of 10
Audio & Visual: 6 out of 10
Overall: 5.5 out of 10

No comments: