Monday, May 18, 2009

Back from Tioman!!

Just got back from an exciting weekend at Tioman. Went with a few of my 4e ppl, and Taina from Finland too. The journey there was quite horrendous actually. The road in M'sia have always been "wonderfully" rollercoaster-like, to add to that torture, we were traveling on a mini-bus or van(whichever you would like to call it). When people say the journey is the fun, yeah... they are really really "FUN". The journey really drained us for the rest of the day. we managed to reach our resort by evening and there was nothing much we could do.. the good thing is we manage to catch the sunset. And it was quite pretty.

2nd day is the fun day, spent the morning on the beach, great sun, but i manage to convince yanli to stay out of direct sunlight, choose "slow cooking" opposed to "rapid deep frying" under the sun. I think it turned out to be a good choice. Cos I think we were the least burnt at the end of the day. the rest who ventured under direct sun. we had a half day snorkeling trip planned for the afternoon, and that was more SUN!! Now i'm so proud of myself. I dun look like a boiled lobster!! btw, snorkeling is FUN!! I just had to try to get over the initial methods of manuveuring myself around on the water and not get myself drinking too much water. the view at certain places were quite fantastic. Among the stuff I saw, fishes (too many species which i do not know), clown fish aka nemo, stingray, giant sea turtle (GIANT!!), sea urchins, really colourful corals (dead ones too), crabs. it was great!!

On paper it's a 3d2n trip, but the truth it's only a 1d2n, cos the rest of it was spent on the journey. so next time if I got to tioman, I would really take the plane. even though it's $300+ more, i think it's worth the time. And really really spares us the discomforts of the multiple-leg-travelling..

i did not take much photos, just some with my camera, but i'm trying to get pictures from the rest as soon as possible so that I could post them on my photo site...

No comments: