Saturday, June 20, 2009

Children of Men (2006)

Watched on 19th June 2009
@ PPStream

I've been watching quite a few movies online thru this program called PPStream. It's quite good actually. They have "new" movies or series updated every now and then. Since this blog is about movies I will not talk about the serials I've watched on it and only focus on movies.

This movie is set in the future 2027, where mankind is on the verge of extinction cos we have lost the ability to reproduce. It's an interesting plot, considering it's a 3 year old movie. But similar plots can be found in Æon Flux. I find watching this movie reminding me alot abt Æon Flux, cloning will be the only future man has if we do not reproduce.

Anyway, back to Children of Men, in a world were there had been no babies for almost 2 decades, a miracle has happened. Kee, a young African somehow got pregnant. And the story flows along the line of bringing her to a group of humanitarians only known as the Human Project.

The whole plot does have a few loopholes here and there, but it is plausible. So I just watched on to see the ending. Well... it's a typical disaster movie ending, people die so people can survive...

Oh I have to mention this, the whole world is IN CHAOS, and UK is the only government left in the world!! HAHAHAA!!! Even Singapore was destroyed, yes we appeared in a newsflash for less than a second..

Spikefire ratings: 6 out of 10>

Favourite Lines:

Theodore Faron: Who's the father?
Kee: Whiffet! I'm a virgin. Nah! Be great, though, wouldn't it? Fuck knows. I don't know half the wankers' names.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kee: Froley.
Theodore Faron: Froley.
Kee: Name my baby Froley.
Theodore Faron: It's the first baby in 18 years. You can't call it Froley.
Kee: Says who?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kee: I want to call her Bazouka.
Theodore Faron: Bazouka?
Kee: You don't like it?
Theodore Faron: I was getting used to Froley.


Official Website

Pictures

No comments: