Thursday, June 25, 2009

Transformers, Revenge of the Fallen

Watched on 24th June 2009
@ The Cathay

This sequel follows closely after the events of part 1. Megatron is defeated but not destroyed, but dun be mistaken that this is the revenge of Megatron. I thought so at first, but it appears that Megatron is just a pawn in this installation.

San Witwicky, tries to live a normal like after the events of part 1, do you honestly think it's possible. I like the immediate irony he faces the moment he steps into his new school. See the look on his face. hahah!!

Storyline of this movie follows on a certain parallel to the cartoons I used to watch. "The matrix", this phrase is introduced to me by Transformers so long ago, I almost forgot abt it. Thank god it's not Mr Keanu Reeves.. hahaa.

Action sequences are non-stop. but it seems the producers realised the last one was too much, too fast, too confusing. This time it's actually better and clearer. There are quite a few cool fight scenes among the robots. Which set me wondering, in the cartoon series all i remember are gun fights (laser guns) not so much fist fighting actions. Fists are still more reliable yeah?

Comical parts are still abundant in many parts of the movie. Characters to note for that, Sam's mum, Government Liaison Officer, Bumblebee, Wheeler(a weak tiny robot).

Overal, I like the movie, it's kindda long though, abt 2.5hrs. Perhaps I was tired and watching it at 1am, but in the end, I was just hoping for more. I was expecting there to be another peek for the next episode. NOPE did not get it.. :P

Spikefire ratings: 8 out of 10>

Favourite Lines:

Sam Witwicky: Can you read this?
Skids: Read? Unh uh.
Mudflap: We don't - we don't really do much reading.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wheelie: Is that the best you got, huh? Is that best you can do?
Mikaela Banes: What are you doing here, you little freak?
[Mikeala burns his left eye off with a soldering iron]
Wheelie: That's my eye, you crazy bitch! Easy warrior goddess, I'm just a little salvage scrap drone.
Mikaela Banes: Then I'm your worst nightmare.

Official Website

Pictures

No comments: