Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Ghost of Girlfriends Past

Watched on 12th Jun 2009
@ Cineleisure Lvl 4

Remember Charles Dicken's "A Christmas Carol"? I'll admit I did not remember!! hahaa. I never read the book, only watch movies adapted from it. All I remember was the scrooge who hates christmas and 3 ghosts appear on chrismas eve to try to convince him otherwise.

Well, this movie plays along the same line, except the scrouge is an ultra playboy who hates love. And the ghosts here are trying to convince him otherwise. I knew this was going to be the main flow of the movie even watching it and I guess I was somehow expecting something new or some twists to bring the movie to the next level.

Disappointingly, I think this movie doesnt offer much except for the same laughs and comedy that you would see from the old "a christmas carol" novels or movie remakes. A tinch of romance was added to try to spark things up, but nope.. not there.

It's pretty much like a disney kids movie. It's still enjoyable an entertaining, IF YOU HAVE NOTHING ELSE BETTER TO DO!!!

Oh my fave part of the movie? The secretary! She's the SPARK!!

Spikefire ratings: 6 out of 10>

Favourite Lines:

Connor Mead: Someone once told me that the power in all relationships lies with whoever cares less, and he was right. But power isn't happiness, and I think that maybe happiness comes from caring more about people rather than less...

Official Website

Pictures

No comments: