Sunday, May 25, 2008

Day 13 of Work & Travel - Sunday Off!!

Guess wat!?? i somehow overslept again!! i missed my breakfast and also my bus tour. I hope that tour was actually fully booked so i wun feel so bad about missing it. so when i figured i've missed my morning activities, i went back to bed, and only woke up at almost 12 for lunch. i had a seemingly light lunch, cos i only ate some meat and dessert.

I went back to the gift shop after lunch, cos another manager is leaving, and today is his last day. His name is Travis, tall, big, old guy. Nice person but always intimidating. Scary sometimes working with him, always have to worry about "did i do something wrong?". So we took a few pictures with him as remembrance.



he's more of a strict father figure than a friendly boss, however in no way is he mean or bad. :)

I continue walking around the old faithful area myself. I really explored the general store and the gift shop at the old faithful lodge this time. I bought a sweater for myself. It's a really big and cosy sweater, with yellowstone printed in front.. i think i really liked it. :) and it's quite cheap also. It only cost me 21.19USD compared to the 25USD i had to pay for a pair of gloves!! CHEAP CHEAP lar.. :)

I came back to my room after wandering around the place, just to wait for an early dinner. I decided to join shawn and Lorraine on a hike up to the mystic falls. Su join us also cos her boyfriend was working. At dinner we met terrence and rachel who are also planning to go to the mystic falls. So 6 of us went on the hike together after dinner. It was almost 5 when we set off. and it was a long long trek just to get to the base to mystic falls. it took us almost 45mins but that was the easy part. The bottom of mystic falls is a hotspring basin known as the biscuit basin. And the picture below shows me in the mist if the famous sapphire pool. quite cool, feel like sauna. :)



we took a rather adventurous route to the mystic falls, we went up to a lookout point with is way up on top of the hill. The tiny trails were steep and winding, i was super exhausted halfway up. I took a brief rest and catched up with them. reaching the lookout point is only half the journey. there was another mile or so before reaching the falls and as we continued on the trail, there were several parts which were still cover in snow. We have to trek thru the snow, and I only had SAF-issued track shoes. Ice was in my shoes and pants. COLD!!!

Thankfully, the view we had of mystic falls at the end was pretty amazing. We took quite a few pictures there before heading back home. Basically the whole trek took us almost 5hrs and covered at least 12KM!!!

No comments: