Saturday, May 17, 2008

Day 4 of Work & Travel - Off Day!!

Several dum things happened over the nite. I sent my clothes to the laundry for washing. I was in Tshirt and shorts and the laundry room was in the next block. SO just imagine pitch black, super cold, Tshirt & shorts!!?? Ya, you can imagine. :P Anyway, i was actually in Tshirt and shorts the whole nite. COLD...

2nd dum thing i did. My dorm room will lock whenever the door closes. I took a bath in the morning, all was fine, i remember to bring my keys, but when i got back to the room, pick up my toothbrush. I closed the door, with my keys still inside!! that's it, i locked myself out of the room, SUCKs!! I was in tshirt and shorts again... so smart of me. :P.. I had nothing except for my toothpaste and toothbrush, so i could go for breakfast, the RC (resident coordinator) will only be in at 8, which was time the breakfast ends. I kindda accepted the fate that i will miss breakfast due to my stupidity, but @ 730 i felt i had nothing to lose. So i walked to the EDR (employee dining room) and go ahead with my breakfast. Luckily the staff allowed me to eat after i told them i locked myself in the room. When i got back from breakfast, the RC is in and i could open my room with his master key!! SO all's well!!

I've been trying to get online when i came back into my room but it seems the connection really sucks when there's more people using. I'm constantly surviving on 1 bar on connectivity. But somehow the photos slowly get uploaded, emails are slowly received and MSN sends messages with a lag. AND I wanna re-emphasize SLOWLY!!

Cos it's my off day, i intended to walk around the area and get to know it better. However, due to the not so fast internet connection, I only started my wandering around old faithful after lunch. but i'm glad i only started after lunch. cos the moment i step out of my dorm, I met wanglin whom i knew from san francisco airport. It was great to see her again and it's her off day too. So we went walking around together with another guy called carlos. he's from columbia and a very funny youth guy, I knew him from the bus ride in bozeman to HR.

We asked our way around and got to the recreation hall office. That's where we could find out abt organised trips for employees. On the way to the rec hall office, i spotted another fren xiaodan, and 4 of us went to the office together. There were a few trips which we wanted to join but i wasnt sure of my work schedule so i have yet to sign up.

And since we were at the rec hall, we shoot hoops for around an hour. finally started sweating after a while but our shooting really really sucks!!! and the basket seems higher than normal. hmmm... anyway the rec hall looks like a cosy place, i'll be back for more sports and entertainment.

Carlos had to rush back to the dorm to get ready for his work in the evening. I brought xiaodan and wanglin the the gift shop at the old faithful lodge where i tried to show stuff which i found interesting as much as i could. to the extent of my limited knowledge at least. I wanted to visit the other gift shops also to visit my fellow trainees at mammoth. there are 3 gift shops in olf faithful area, I work in the old faithful inn and there's 2 other old faithful lodge and snow lodge.

Outside the gift shop, we met the driver who drove us into yellowstone from bozeman airport. Her name's kelly, very nice lady and she totally reminds me of a female version of hagrit. We chatted with her for a while and we went on to see the old faithful geyser. It was an amazing sight, the water shoots up over 10 storeys!! WOAH!! look at the photos for more insight. I've linked all the photos to the fotopic website so you see all the photos.

No comments: