Monday, May 26, 2008

Day 14 of Work & Travel - Monday blues?!

Really wanted to wake up for breakfast today. But nope, couldnt drag myself out of my bed, just too tired. Whole body basically still aching from the 5hr hike yesterday. I think it will be at least 5 days before i go on a trek again.. body and mind needs to rest. :P I am so so weak!! :P

Went for lunch at around 11, starting work at 1130am. Early lunch is good, makes me not miss breakfast too much. I think having a full stomach before going to work is so so important. It just gives you more energy to work, talk, smile, EVERYTHING!! Seriously, i totally cant remember wat i had for lunch. But i was quite sure i was full, and i quite like the food. hahaa.

Work today is pretty good, tried out a few new things in my cashier position. Finally had a traveller's check coming in, and i really think traveller's checks are SO SO dum. oh well, some ppl still prefer using that to credit cards. I wonder why. And i also sold a few art pieces without the artist being around. Usually the artist will do most of the paper work and we just check out and cash. When he's not around, there a little more for me to do. I'll need to write down his painting codes, write the price, check out the item, wrap it up. Print enough receipts, one for white, one for yellow and none for pink.

Work with 2 new ppl today, both from US, John whose hair covers his whole face, he totally reminds me of a caveman!! and something else, he sucks at folding t-shirts. He only wanna stand behind the cashier and cash out customers, everything else he does, pretty much crappy. The other person is Alison, she much more active and positive compared to John. And i was like being a joker the whole day, and ya, i think i made everyone's day a happier one, even the guests. :)

I remember what i had for dinner, it's spaggetti with a simple tomato & basil sauce. They had fettucini labelled on the dish, but i knew it was more than that. There was fettucini, spaggetti and angel's hair all in the same pot. MUahaha.. oh well, nobody seems to be bothered, so let it be. :P there's meatloaf too, had meat loaf a few days back too, but this one today is so much better, at least for my tastebuds.

Oh well, there was suggestion from shawn and lorraine to buy a car. I'm very tempted to get it with them, then we could drive aroud easier on our off days and that would basically solve the issue of bring dear from the airport to yellowstone. :) Let's see how this works out. Shaw & lorraine are doing more research, they are very thorough in this aspect, and i like that. Saves me from work. hahaa..

I got off at 8pm today, well not at 8pm slightly after due to a last minute crowd coming in. So me and alison stayed back for a while to get rid of the crowd. I did my packing up and counting of my bank balance pretty fast. guess i'm getting good at it. alison is still new and not very fast at it yet, so i had to show her many things. I feel good!! hahaa.

came back to my room to rest for a while before heading to the Bear Pit, which is a pub next to our gift shop. Went there with Lance and alvin, it was lance's suggestion, cos he had 5USD spare to spend. haha. that's basically 1 glass of beer. I ordered 1 glass too, it's called Moose Drool. It's tastes quite good, flavour is much stronger than the usual beers we have in singapore and not too bitter. Not bad, for only 4.50USD.

My face is red and eyes bloodshot after just one glass. But i still feel very clear, however, I feel tired now and in need of sleep. time to go to bed, I want my breakfast!! I'll start taking photos about daily activities tml!! :)

No comments: