Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Day 9 of Work & Travel - Snowfall

It started off as rain early in the morning. As i went for breakfast, the rain got lighter and becamed snow. It the first time i ever saw snow. Started work today the earliest i've done so far, 10am, it's a rather weird timing, cos there's 2 meals during this shift, which is also quite a waste of my $$ earning time. I skipped breakfast today so i could sleep alittle more. However i think i still had a pretty good day.

I got to know the resident artist for our gift shop, his name is James Reed. He does paintings which are very very very life-like. So i spoke to him for a while about what he does, what i do. Oh yah, he's a full-time artist now and he was a fireman before he retired. Cool rite? When he told me he was a fireman, the first image that came to my mind was all his painting burning up and he fighting the fire to save them. hahahaa..

That was slightly after lunch, during lunch i ate with a few co-workers who were from US, there's Kelley from yesterday, her sister Katherine who works at the gift shop at the Old Faithful Lodge (we work at the Inn) and also Lance from our gift shop. It seems the snow brought ALL the crowd to the lodge and they were having a crazy day over there. Perhaps because of that Katherine seemed really sick, anyway I'm actually quite glad everyone stayed at the lodge instead od coming to us. hahaa..

It's GAD (Guest Appreciation Day), we were expecting hoards of people coming in to grab the offer items, we have caps, mugs, Tees, photo frames, plush toys and tote bags all going for 5USD. I believe that wouls cause a stir too, but thanks for the snow, not too much of a rush was created here. Like i said the lodge was going crazy, cos the snow prevented people frm getting out, and the lodge is the place where they could see the Old Faithful geyser from indoors.

I did about 2hrs of extra work today, cos Zing, also fell sick. So i cover for her as she went back to rest. Those 2 hrs did not feel like extra hrs as all. I think i was kindda enjoying my time working there. I'm starting to learn to talk to guests more and that makes my time happier.

I took a few pictures as went for my breaks during lunch/dinner and also after work. Seeing snow really got me pretty excited. But too bad i could grab someone to go take photos with me. Only managed to get Lance to take a picture for me during lunch.



Oh, I had Lasagne for dinner, it was really good!!! hehee...

No comments: