Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Day 8 of Work & Travel - Work

My shift timing is the same as yesterday but i woke up for breakfast today. I told myself not to eat too much for breakfast cos i'll be having lunch in a very short while. Breakfast the the usualy american breakfast stuff, but it's nice, it's like eating macdonald's breakfast everyday.. quite shiok. hahaa.

Went to the general store before going for lunch & work cos my shoes have opened mouth both front and back for both pairs. So yah, in need of super glue which doesnt really work when i tried it on at night. i wonder how long my shoes can last me. I also bought a pair of gloves, 25USD, the cheapest ones in US, but those are the only ones here. Brrrrrrrrr cold..

work went pretty well today, accounts balanced at the end of the day. another manager from snow lodge came over to help out while corry is gone and waiting for another manager to arrive. so in any case there are always 3 managers around. Travis is the manager from snow lodge, he's very very organised and sticks very closely to the book, whereas the manager of my shop, mike, is quite casual about most stuff. relaxing to work with him.

several interesting things happened during work today. first there's this indian american couple who came in for a shopping spree. Our shop has this promotion where you can get a wool blanket for 15USD when you purchase above 50USD, and when you spend above 100USD, we will aloow you to buy as many blankets as you want. And since this couple was on a spree, they had above 200USD to start with. And guess how many blankets they got? 13!!! They only have 3 kids. Anyway, I helped the deal along the way and i'm very happy with that. :) that was definitely the sale of the day.

then there was this other couple whom i identified as french due to their accent. and so we start chatting abt some french, they were very nice and very eager to teach me some simple french words and i have a few.

mer ci = thank you
s'il vous plait = please
de rien = you are welcome

I could only pronounce the 1st 2, the last one totally destroyed me. I cant make the croaking throat sound at all. hahaa. interesting couple. :)

Work was following and i was just going on and on. Tml will be a special day called GAD day. Guest-Appreciation-Day, this is a day where there are several items which will go on sale for 5USD only. Supposingly a very busy day, so me and alvin stayed a while beyond our off time. And in turn we were given 5USD of cash vouchers to use in yellowstone. COOL!!

I had lunch with a co-worker called kelley, she's from washington state and in nursing. the both of us closed the sale for that indian couple together. chatted with her quite a bit during lunch, mostly about singapore, cos she is like totally alien about singapore. she's never been out of the american continent before. I was introducing her to come to singapore at some stage of her nursing career, cos singapore is so short of nurses, especially nice ones which i believe she will become.

Oh yah, i got to know a few more people tonight, they are basically frens of another of my colleague, sze ying, who goes by zing over here. She just had her 21st birthday yesterday. Really cute gal, and her frens, a few guys and gals are like so surprised that my room has internet connection. :P it was nice knowing everyone. :)

hahaaa.. until tml....

No comments: