Thursday, May 29, 2008

Day 17 of Work & Travel - PayDay!!

Really did not feel like coming to work today. After yesterday, that feeling was even stronger after a whole day of fun and travelling. :P but i have to come in, cos i can collect my pay today. My 1st paycheck since starting work here. Pay comes in every 2 weeks on a wednesday. since i wasnt around yesterday, i collect it today.

Sad to say, it really isnt much. I had 300+ in gross, but after tax and all the room and food deductions i'm only left with 230USD, which is actually ok considering i only worked 5+ days in the 2 weeks for my 1st pay check.

Something else happened today. I received a package from dear today. It was HUGE!! my fren Vj brought the box over from his PO box. I feel kindda bad to have him bring it all over from the post office. It's a pair of hiking boots!! They look pretty cool too. But if you read my blog, you'd realise i bought a pair of boots from walmart yesterday!! So.. I had to do wat i had to do. I sold off the pair I bought to a fren. a few dollars cheaper than wat i got. But it's fine. I like the pair dear got me. :)

Once again. Thank you dear!!!

No comments: