Sunday, June 08, 2008

Day 27 of Work & Travel - Off finally.

I slept through most of my day. I only woke up at 12 just to go for lunch. I met Corina, one of my assistant managers. She's really nice at work, and i had a long chat with her at lunch today. She wants to work on a cruise ship, disney one to be exact. So exciting. Dorothy, one of my co-workers who's around 80, joined us for lunch and i had a long chat with her too. I asked her everything about her life living in a farm. She used to live in a farm long ago and she had cows, pigs, chickens and many other crops. So they were pretty much self-sustained. I kindda envied that sort of life, she also found that period of her life a very enjoyable one.

After a very long lunch, I went to find the personnel manager to get a transit room for dear. The room situation is somewhat settle, but also somewat unconfirmed. Cos it seems that she could promise rooms only for now, and if some emplyee comes along and needs the room the room for themselves. It might be taken away from me. And i'll have to find some other way out. Getting a room from the hotel may seem the next possible course of action but July is really the PEAK period, so rooms are likely to be lacking by the time they tell me the transit room is not available. And they are not cheap(dear, check www.travelyellowstone.com for rates). The last option is to talk to my room mate and see if he could move to someone else's room for a few days for us, seriously last option. But currently the situation will be, i have the transit room from 18-21st jul. I'll check with them again at the end of the month when they could possibly give me a more confirmed answer.

After dinner i when to the rec hall to see if there's volleyball for me to play. But, there was a church service going on so i couldnt play volleyball. they would only be done at 9pm, so i felt kindda dejected and came back to my room. Internet connection totally sucks during this time of the day when everyone else is also trying to get online.

However i did check on the availability of hotel rooms before coming back to my room. And it looks very bad for me, cos the period when dear will be here is TOTALLY fully booked. So there's not much of an option left for me. I'm kindda depressed about that. I really want her to be able to spend as much time as she can with me over here.

No comments: