Thursday, June 19, 2008

Day 38 of Work & Travel - Bozeman Day

Took a super long trip to bozeman today. Woke up early for breakfast with the rest of the people who are going with me. I took 7 passengers for this trip. That's the maximum capacity of my car. 3 in front, 3 in the middle and 2 in the trunk seats. Quite cool to have so many people travelling together. This huge capcity crowd is made up of zing, dawn, puiee, louise, kailun, slyvia, diana and myself. This is pretty much a shopping and entertainment trip to bozeman.

We left Old faithful at about 830am. Our first stop was in west yellowstone, i planned to stop for just a while over here but the shoppers were just too passionate about their jobs and went on to extend their shopping hrs. We went to quite a few good shops there, so expectedly they had moreand better things to entice them to shop. We only left west yellowstone around 1145am.

The drive to Bozeman was pretty easy, although this is my first time driving to bozeman, i remembered most of the landmarks when dorothy took me there and that made my driving pretty smooth. It took me slightly more than an hr to reach bozeman from west yellowstone. The view slong the way was pretty nice, very different from the last time cos it was hailing and snowing the last time i went to bozema, now it's all bright and sunny.

1st thing to do in bozeman is to look for a place for lunch, i did some research on my own the night before for food places in bozeman. I'm glad i did that little research cos i was recommending them to try out this Jap restaurant there, Watanabe. It had several good reviews on it's food quality and service. Most of the gang were really keen on having that after so many weeks of repetitive EDR food, except slyvia & diana. They are from ecuador and had never tried japanese food before, so they kindda afraid. But after looking at the menu i managed to convince them that the jap food will be edible to them too.

This lunch was really good, I liked my teriyaki beef loads, the portion was big enough to fill me. Sylvia and Diana have pretty much lifted their fear of the jap food and turned to like it instead. The rest also also blissfully contented with their meal. I'm really glad to see everyone with their looks of fulfillment after the meal, that makes me feel so proud. :p

It was time to start the shopping, stop no.1 Ross. zing, dawn, puiee, louise & kailun got off and started with their shopping. I drove Slyvia and Diana to another mall where they could catch a movie, Kungfu Panda. I dropped them off and went to find the camera repair shop for my camera. It was not hard to find thanks to my limited research. They did a quick check on my camera and told me they will have to order the spare part for my camera. So i'll have to come down some other time to have it fix. But thankfully it can be fixed.

I went back to the Ross and Terget area, i went straight to target to get myself a new pair of track shoes, 30USD for a pair of Champion shoes. I meediately changed and put on the new pair and threw my old pair of brroks away cos my brook are really old anf flat already. And i feel GOOD in a new pair of shoes!! :)

I couldnt find any of the gals initially anywhere, when i finally spotted them i realised they had been ross all the time. They have been trying on dress after dress, shirt after shirt, really scary. especially when i saw the pile of clothes and the multiple bags they ended up with. This is only the first stop for their shopping. By the time they were done at Ross it was almost 6pm already.

I took them to another place nearby called old navy before going to the mall to pick up sylvia and diana after their movie. I really like driving around in the car and i really think i'm very familiar with the area already. hahaa.. When i returned to old navy again, i tried to shop around a little too, wanted to buy a few bermudas cos they were on offer, but sadly, those designs i liked did not have my sizes and thos that are my sizes did not have any design i liked. However this is not cos i was too fat now, i realised i dropped back to 36in waist since getting here, but they somehow did not have much 36in bermudas, there are lots of 38 and 40in though. :P

Initially, i tot we would be going to walmart next for our final stop, but the sg gals saw a plastic bag from the ecuadorean gals which says "Aeropostale" and they got so exciting. So i took them to the mall which the shop was at, and did a little more shopping there before going to Walmart. These gals can forego dinner for the sake of shopping. :P

Walmart was pretty quick for them, cos most of them were kindda tired already, but i had to buy some stuff for other ppl as well, so i took awhile exploring the place. But i was done pretty fast too.

It was straight back home after that. almost 3 hrs drive back to old faithful, not much problems, just had a fox running past the car and i reach home safely with the car really really fully packed. :P

This is pretty much a shopping trip and i'm glad everyone was really happy at the end of the day. Perhaps i really should think about being a tour guide. :)

No comments: